The version will be shown on the bottom right of the initial login screen next to the “Powered By PCSchool” wording on the bottom right of the login screen. To find what the current version is, visit the Spider Change Log page.
- Spider requires .NET Framework 4.6 or greater.
- It requires Net Core 2.2.7 which is downloaded by the installer if not present.
- If the login page does not initially show correctly, press CTRL-F5 to clear your browser’s cache.
- Windows Server 2012 or higher is required as Windows Server 2008 R2 and below are no longer supported by Microsoft and functionality will require later versions of IIS
- SQL Server 2012 to 2017 are supported. Do not go above SQL Server 2017 at this stage as higher versions are not compatible with the current Back Office application.
PCSAPI Application pool user
To take advantage of new technologies, the configuration of the Spider’s PCSApi application pool needs to be checked as it may have initially been set up differently. It is critical that the “Identity” user set within the PCSApi application pool matches the main SpiderPool. This is a one-off change and the PCSchool IT staff are happy to undertake this with you. Currently hosted schools do not need to take any action as this has been completed for you. To check if your Spider is configured correctly, check the “Application Pools” within IIS to see if the Identity is the same, it may not be the name as shown below as some schools use a specific domain account for this.
If they are not the same, please right-click on the PCSApi application pool and set the “Identity” to the same as the SpiderPool as shown below. (Some schools may have a different name for their Spider’s application pool)
If you have more than one Spider using a different application pool, ensure the other Spiders are using the same Identity as the main one. Regards, PCSchool Team.