Once PCSchool is in use and all the necessary settings have been created a new Student can be entered with the minimum amount of work.
- Clear the View
- Enrol a Student
STEP 1 – Clear the View
Path: Scholastic → Administration → Student View
Path: Debtors → Debtors → Student View
You must Clear the view before starting to avoid overtyping any details.
- Restrict by Year must be on All;
– This will avoid a duplicate entry
- Click Clear All.
- The Student Key may remain and this can be overtyped with the new Students Code.
STEP 2 – Enrol a Student
There is very little information that must be entered in order to enrol a Student. All other information such as enrolment details, home teacher and medical information can be entered now or at a later stage.
- The Students unique ID# number and the Registration Number will be created.
- Enter a unique Students Key;
– The Standard Key is the Students last name, a space then the first initial.
– The Key must be unique
–If another student is displayed then you must click Clear All and try another code eg: KIM L may be used so you could use a middle initial or the full name - KIM LISA.
- The Gender will default but can be changed.
- These details can be entered now but they are not necessary for creating the new Student and can be entered at a later date.
- The Family Key will default using up to the first 5 letters of the Students last name plus 01, this code can be changed. Always check for a unique FAMILY key. To change a Family Key;
– Click inside the Family Key field
– Backspace the part you don’t want out
– Type in the key to be used
- All Family details can be entered now or at a later stage
- Click Save or Save Retain if you wish to enter further details;
– The Student is now a part of the database.