VSR Processing allows you to submit information to the Victorian Student Registration (VSR) web service, this gives schools the ability to synchronise their students with the VSR Database. Synchronisation is based around the VSN or Victorian Student Number and is attached to each student in your database when you Enrol them with the VSR. With the VSN number you can then Exit, Change or Cancel individual Students.
VSR Processing has two features;
- Settings tab
- Upload tab
Flowchart for VSR;
- Settings tab; enter the VSR Settings.
- Select the Students to Upload, either through Roll Marking or Settings tab/ Tag Set
- Upload tab; upload the Students by clicking Process Uploads; this will enter the batch and transaction numbers, click Refresh.
- Select a Batch to Poll and click Poll Return Batch to bring in the VSR number, click Refresh
- If there were exceptions, you will be contacted by the VSR Team. When the exceptions are resolved, use the Poll Reconciliation Batch button to clear these exceptions, click Refresh
- Any exceptions that can’t be resolved will eventually be flagged as Invalid Transactions by the VSR team. When these appear after completing a Poll Reconciliation Batch, click into the row and click Remove Current Row.
Batches are processed in two stages – Uploading and Polling. When students are added to the VSR Batch, they are verified, batched and prepared for uploading. Once uploaded, a batch is then polled with either a;
- Return Batch or a
- Reconciliation Batch.
A Return Batch is the first Poll that is normally performed. If all records come back as successful, no further action is required. Where there are differences between the PCSchool Database, and the VSR Database, exceptions are generated. These exceptions will be corrected via correspondence with the VSR Team, and once corrected, are read back into the system using a Reconciliation Batch.
A Reconciliation Batch will return either a Successful upload, or an Invalid transaction. Successful uploads will be automatically removed from the batch when it is refreshed, Invalid transactions must be removed.