The GateKeeper has very minimal dependencies, so there is a wide range of compatible hardware available. Additional technology can be utilised to improve the user experience and speed up the sign-in or sign-out process.
GateKeeper requires the following software to run, and by extension must be installed in a Windows environment, with certain hardware requirements.
- Windows Vista SP2 or higher (or Windows Server 2003 SP2 or higher)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (www.pcschool.net/download/spiderupdates/dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.zip)
- Crystal Reports Runtime 13 (http://www.pcschool.net/download/spiderupdates/CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0_15.zip)
The minimum requirements for GateKeeper are dictated by its dependencies. You can confirm supported hardware from Microsoft or SAP, but these are published online (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8z6watww(v=vs.110).aspx, http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-21990/).
At the time of publishing, the minimum hardware requirements are:
- 1GHz Processor
- 512MB RAM
- Network access (PCSchool File-Share + MS SQL Server)
- all-in-one PC
- Touch-screen (may be integrated into all-in-one PC – larger surface area preferred)
- Webcam device (may be integrated)
- ID Scanner (Barcode, NFC, etc. are fine, but must return matchable characters e.g. “A6352”)
- Receipt Printer (Network printers are preferred to free up the main device’s ports)