Within Receipts you can Import a File from your bank and automatically receipt the amounts paid, this saves time and is an efficient way of receipting.
- Import the File
- Add Payments to the Batch
- Check the Receipted Amounts
Path: Debtors > Receipts
You will need a file from your bank to Import, save this file where you will be able to find it. Direct Debits, BPay and School Plan, these files can easily be imported into PCSchool from a Bank File;
– School Plan; is a commercially available third party fee handling service.
STEP 1 – Import the File
If you don’t have a batch open to use create a new batch before clicking the [Auto Load] button.
- Click the [Auto Load] button to activate the Import window.
- In the File Type field select the File Format for the Import.
- In the File Name field select the file to Import.
- Select the correct Execution Date. If processing On Line Spider Payment Portal payments the user will be given the option to set not only the execution date but also the cutoff time. Only files created up to that date and time will be included in the import. The addition of Cut Off time enables the system to batch receipts based on payment providers cutoff times.
- Click the [Import] button to bring the Families into the grid.
STEP 2 – Add Payments to the Batch
Once the [Import] button is clicked the file contents will be displayed.
- The grid will now display the file contents;
- Select the Tender you are going to use for the Import.
– If you select a Tender that starts with E for Electronic they will be in the Bank Reconciliation area as one amount
– Selecting Tender that starts with D for Direct Debit will be listed individually.
- The default is to Auto Apply the payments to Debtors proper;
– To manually apply the payments remove the tick, this is done so receipted amounts can be applied to other areas such as Sundry Debtors.
- Click [Add to Batch].
- Click Exit.
STEP 3 – Check the Receipted Amounts
The file contents will be loaded into the Receipt Batch if they are not applied you can manually apply them. Once these are checked the batch can be finalised.