The “Holding/Home Stay Dep” tab is used to store deposits or additional payment amounts made by families for a number of purposes. This amount can be refunded to families, transferred to home-stay families or applied to school fees. The applying of holding deposits can be completed independently or at the same time as receipting additional payments from the family. This article explains how to apply the holding deposit to outstanding debtor invoices.
- Create a new receipt.
- Withdraw the holding deposit amount.
- Apply the holding deposit to debtor invoices and payment.
STEP 1 – Create a new receipt.
Path: Debtors > Receipt Entry
- Type in a batch description.
- Check the default bank account is correct.
- Click in the receipt entry box.
- Click on the [New Receipt] button.
- Enter the date you wish to record the transactions and the relevant family key.
- Tab down to enter the amount to be receipted and the tender type. If you are receipting a payment at the same time enter the payment amount and tender type as normal OR if completing independently enter a $0.00 amount and change the tender to CA (cash).
- Click on the “Holding/Home Stay Dep” tab.
STEP 2 – Withdraw the holding deposit amount.
- In the apply column, type in the amount you wish to withdraw. As it is a withdrawal, the number must be a negative amount. A partial or full amount (as above) can be withdrawn.
- Check the Apply box and tab off the line.
- Click on the Debtor tab.
STEP 3 – Apply the holding deposit to debtor invoices and payment.
- Click the [Auto Apply] button and this will apply the holding deposit and payment to the oldest receipts
- Individually check the apply box to the selected invoices you wish to apply the holding deposit and payment amount to (you can apply partial amounts to different invoices by entering a value in the Apply $ column before checking the apply box).
- Click on the [New Receipt] button to enter in another receipt if required.
- Click on the [Finalise Batch] button to finalise the batch once all receipts have been entered.