Path: Spider > Finance > Assets Management > Calculate Depreciation
Step 1: To run depreciation
1. [Last Depreciation Date:] check the last date you depreciated you assets
2. [Depreciation Date]: select that date to depreciate too
3. Select [Calculate Depreciation]
Step 2 Depreciation Schedule and printing reports
Important - print all Reports before finalising - we suggest printing a detail and summary and report and also Save a copy to your Server for future.
1. [Group By] select how you wish to show your asset e.g. by Ledger Code, Asset Type or Department
2. Shows you the depreciation as per the report
3. [Print Reports]
a) New report for Spider will allow you to print summary (which is default) or detailed when ticked
- you can print by Ledger Code or Asset Type or Department
example of report done in detailed
4. [Print] will put the report in to excel as per example:
Step 3 Finalise Depreciation
a) BACKUP in back office files 131 to 141 - before finalising your depreciation
b) All reports have been printed and saved
If you go out of screen you will get the following screen:
This screen will show you have not finalised this depreciation- note: you will need to delete and re-run the depreciation if you have added or changed assets.
1. [Depreciation Date]
2. [Last Depreciation Date]
3. [Finalise or Edit] button
Then you will get the [Finalise Depreciation] icon or reprint reports until correct.
Finalise your depreciation
Once all figures are correct you can finalise your depreciation
Note - this now does monthly and annual depreciation
Step 4 Finalise the Asset Journal
Path: Back office > Finance > Gen Ledger > Batch Transaction Entry
A Journal has been created - if you have set up to intergrate with Finance.
Finalise this batch.