Students can be re-enrolled in PCSchool providing they are still available as a year 99 student.
It is up to the schools to decide if they want to re-enrol the student with their past details or create a new student record for them. This article is to show how to re-enrolling a student with their past details.
- Change the Year Level
- Remove the Date of Departure
- Change Departure details
- Check the Attendance History
Path: Administration > Student View
STEP 1 – Change the Year Level
To find out if the student is available change, restrict by year to “All” or “Left School”. If you select “Left School,” you will only see students with a “Current Year Level” of 99.
If the student is not available then they have been removed from the database and you will have to re-enter the student completely using a slightly different “Student Key” to avoid confusion in the Alumni. This must be unique and could be the last name a space and then the first two initials of the first name.
Select the Student you need to re-enrol.
- Change the “Restrict by Year” to left School or All (Not All Current Students).
- When you click the [Browse] button you will now be able to view and select Students who are in the Year Level of 99.
STEP 2 – Remove the Date of Departure
This must be done first.
Highlight the “Date of Departure” and delete it. Immediately click Save and Retain;
-This is done first as each time it’s done you are asked if you want to ‘Edit the Departed Students Details’ and if you change the Current Year or the Final Year level they will be overwritten with departure details
-You will then be presented with 2 windows. At the first one, click [Yes] and at the next screen click [exit].
-The next window is the Attendance History view, click [Exit], this will be updated when you enter the new enrolment date and save the entry
- Highlight and delete the “Date of Departure”
– Use the Delete key on the keyboard
- Click [Save Retain]
- Select [Yes]
STEP 3 – Change Departure Details
The rest of the details can now be updated.
- Change the “Current Year” by selecting the correct year level for the student.
- Enter or select the new “Date of Arrival”, this will be the re-entry date.
- Remove the “Final year Level”;
– If this is not removed the student will not be available on some reports
- Tick the “Re-Entry” box;
– This is done so VDF queries can be based on this field or reports can be written and made sensitive to it
- Click [Save and Retain].
STEP 4 – Check the Attendance History
Once done, click the [Attendance History] button and view the details. If the details are not correct, they can be changed as necessary.