Gatekeeper is designed to keep track of students, staff and visitors entering and leaving the school. It provides the functionality for different types of users to sign in and out of the school. Schools are able to set which reasons require acceptance by a nominated management console. The below link is to a Power-point slideshow highlighting the features of Gatekeeper. It will need to be extracted before viewing.
- GateKeeper.zip (PPT Overview)
The GateKeeper has very minimal dependencies, so there is a wide range of compatible hardware available. Additional technology can be utilised to improve the user experience and speed up the sign-in or sign-out process.
GateKeeper requires the following software to run, and by extension must be installed in a Windows environment, with certain hardware requirements.
- Currently supported Windows operating system
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Crystal Reports Runtime Version 13.0.15
The minimum requirements for GateKeeper are dictated by its dependencies. You can confirm supported hardware from Microsoft or SAP, but these are published online (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8z6watww(v=vs.110).aspx, http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-21990/).
At the time of publishing, the minimum hardware requirements are:
- 1GHz Processor
- 512MB RAM
- Network access (PCSchool File-Share + MS SQL Server)
- All-in-one PC
- Touch-screen (may be integrated into all-in-one PC – larger surface area preferred)
- Webcam device (may be integrated)
- ID Scanner (Barcode, NFC, etc. are fine, but must return match-able characters e.g. “A6352”)
- Receipt Printer (Network printers are preferred to free up the main device’s ports)
Installation on new computers
PCSchool will assist with the initial installation of Gatekeeper. Once it is installed on one client computer, follow the steps below to add it to a another client computer.
1) Ensure the computer is joined to the domain that PCSchool is part of.
2) Ensure the logged in user has permission to access the PCSchool share.
3) Install the Crystal Runtime
4) Ensure Dot Net Framework 4 is installed (Usually present by default)
5) From an existing client, copy the folder that GateKeeper is installed in
6) Create the desktop shortcuts for the GateKeeper application
7) Run the application and follow the onscreen setup to locate the preferences.ini file with the main PCSchool share\data folder