The Gatekeeper is designed to keep track of students, staff and visitors. It provides the functionality to allow different types of users to sign in and out of the school. The school is able to set which reasons require acceptance by a nominated management console. The below link is to a Power-point slideshow highlighting the features of Gatekeeper. It will need to be extracted before viewing.
- GateKeeper.zip (PPT Overview)
The GateKeeper has very minimal dependencies, so there is a wide range of compatible hardware available. Additional technology can be utilised to improve the user experience and speed up the sign-in or sign-out process.
GateKeeper requires the following software to run, and by extension must be installed in a Windows environment, with certain hardware requirements.
- Windows Vista SP2 or higher (or Windows Server 2003 SP2 or higher)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (www.pcschool.net/download/spiderupdates/dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.zip)
- Crystal Reports Runtime 13 (http://www.pcschool.net/download/spiderupdates/CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0_15.zip)
The minimum requirements for GateKeeper are dictated by its dependencies. You can confirm supported hardware from Microsoft or SAP, but these are published online (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8z6watww(v=vs.110).aspx, http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-21990/).
At the time of publishing, the minimum hardware requirements are:
- 1GHz Processor
- 512MB RAM
- Network access (PCSchool File-Share + MS SQL Server)
- all-in-one PC
- Touch-screen (may be integrated into all-in-one PC – larger surface area preferred)
- Webcam device (may be integrated)
- ID Scanner (Barcode, NFC, etc. are fine, but must return matchable characters e.g. “A6352”)
- Receipt Printer (Network printers are preferred to free up the main device’s ports)