Reasons are the pre-defined explanations that people can select when using the GateKeeper. If you are synchronising the GateKeeper to the absence database for students, the absence code will be recorded as an “L” (Late) regardless of the code connected to the selected reason. For students, reasons can be filtered by year level. Reasons apply to all GateKeeper stations with a workarea.
- Open GateKeeper Admin.
- Select the appropriate work area and click the [Next] button.
- From the menu bar, select: Manage > Reasons
STEP 1 Open GateKeeper Admin.
STEP 2 Select the appropriate work area and click the [Next] button.
STEP 3 From the menu bar, select: Manage > Reasons
- Select the type of user you want to add/edit a reason for.
- Select whether the reason is considered arriving or departing (Late/Sign In is considered arrival).
- If you want to create a new Reason, click the [Clear] button.
- If you want to edit an existing reason, double click on it.
- Enter the Reason’s text/description.
- Enter the Code to use for the Reason (will be appended to reason when saved, e.g. “Reason [R]”).
- Enter the number of days that the late should be considered for (i.e. zero days is not counted).
- Select the year levels that are allowed to use the reason specified.
- Choose whether authorisation is needed to save this reason into PCSchool. Alternatively, Staff reasons can be tagged as School Based activities – Staff reasons cannot require authentication.
- Choose whether a slip should be printed out for this Reason.
- When you are content with the details you have entered, click the [Save] button.
The reason will now be available in the GateKeeper.