PCSchool offers users the ability to print an “EMERGENCY” report for use during evacuations or other emergency situations where time is scarce. The report will need to be customised for your school however the report link below provides and example as a starting point. Because this button is used in emergency situations, the best option is to ensure that minimal data appears on it. Rather than printing who is present at school, most schools elect to print only the lates and absences. If your school is using the “GateKeeper”, off-site teachers can be added. Please contact PCSchool for a quote if you choose to make changes to the default report.
- Ensure icon is showing
- Set up a report
- Set as Emergency Report
- Test the report
- Report will now be available to print from the Spider
STEP 1 – Ensure icon is showing
STEP 2 – Set up a report
- Type in the report’s name. This may differ if you have a customised report
- Select the module it is run from. For emergency reports, “Student & Family” is fine
- Select “Generic Launch”
- Type in a description
- Press [Save]
As the report does not prompt for any parameters (Dates, Year Levels…), the report will generally be written to use the current date. The above report can be downloaded from the Emer_Evac.rpt
STEP 3 – Set as Emergency Report
- Reselect the report. The [Set as Evacuation Report] button will appear. Once pressed, this report becomes the report linked tot he “Go” icon. Only one report can be linked to the “Go” icon. Only “Generic Launch” reports can be selected.
Press the “Go” icon. This should launch the report. The first prompt is whether to email. If [Yes] is pressed, the report is emailed automatically to all form teachers.
The next window requires the printer icon to be pressed, sending the job to the default printer.
Once the report has been set up to print from the Back Office (as above) it will also be available to print in the Spider:
- Log into the Spider
- Click on your name at the top right
- Select ‘Emergency Evacuation Report’