Families can receive a simple credit through Receipt Entry taken from a General Ledger account; it is optional to have a specific General ledger account for holding the money.
- Create a Cost Centre
- Create the Receipt
- Credit the Family from the General ledger Account
- Apply the money to the Family
STEP 1 – Create a Cost Centre
Path: Debtors > System > Receipt Entry
If necessary create a Cost Centre to apply the money to, this must be attached to a valid Ledger Code. If you already have a Cost Centre to use skip this step.
- Go to System and select Cost Centre
- Enter a Unique Numerical code
- Enter your description
- Select the general ledger Account you wish to use
- Click Save
STEP 2 – Create the Receipt
Path: Debtors > Receipt Entry
You can use an existing batch or create a new batch.
- Click [New Receipt]
- Select the Family you wish to credit with the $ amount
- Click under tender and enter a zero (you will receive and error if you don’t but you can just ignore it and continue)
- Go to the Ledger tab
STEP 3 – Credit the Family from the General ledger Account
In the Ledger tab add a credit to the Family for the $ amount.
- Select the correct Ledger Account
- Enter the amount of the credit as a negative amount
- Go to the correct tab to apply the amount
STEP 4 – Apply the money to the Family
The money can be credited to any tab, the tabs can be different for adding the credit, this is a general overview.
- Go to the Tab you wish to Credit the money to.
- You should now have an unapplied amount showing in red.
- Optional; you may wish to create a new Line for this transaction, this will depend upon the tab you are in and how you want to apply the credit.
- If this is a new line select the Student Code or select the transaction you wish to apply the amount to.
- Depending upon how you are applying the money, select the Cost Centre Code to credit with the money or apply it to an existing transaction.
- Put a Tick in apply
- Click new receipt and the unapplied will be gone or if only part of the money was applied continue until all the credit is used.