This article explains how to apply a prompt payment discount at the time of receipting.
- Create a new receipt.
- Create prompt payment discount line.
- Apply credit and payment.
STEP 1 – Create a new receipt.
Path: Debtors > Receipt Entry
- Type in a batch description.
- Check the default bank account is correct.
- Click in the receipt entry box.
- Click on the [New Receipt] button.
- Enter the date you wish to record the transactions and the relevant family key.
- Tab down to alter the amount to be receipted and the tender type.
- Click on the debtors tab.
STEP 2 – Create prompt payment discount line.
- Click on the [Create Line] button.
- On the new line enter in the student code, applicable cost centre code and the prompt payment amount in the charged column. Remember this is a discount so it must be a negative figure.
- Enter in a description if required then tab off to complete the line.
STEP 3 – Apply credit and payment.
- Click the [Auto apply] button and this will apply the prompt payment credit and invoiced amount to the oldest receipts OR
- Tick the Apply box of the prompt payment credit line then the selected invoices you wish to apply the credit and payment to (you can apply partial credit amounts to different invoices by entering a value in the Apply $ column).
- Click on the [New Receipt] button to enter in another receipt.
- Click on the [Finalise Batch] button to finalise the batch once all receipts have been entered.