Path: Spider > Finance> Order Entry
To place an order, select “Financial Orders” from the Order Entry control.
If you cannot see this option, it is likely you do not have the required Click Here.
Press the [New Order] button to start the process.
1. Select the [Order for Dept.] These need to have been set up prior to placing an order and they link the Project Code(Department) with a specific Workflow. In order to proceed with an order, the Project Code must have a remaining balance.
- When an [Order for Dept.] is selected, the “Budget Value” remaining is shown within the “Budget Value” field.
2. [Order No.] – Accept the default or over-type. This does not need to be unique.
3. [Suppliers Code] – This is drawn from the “Creditors” file.
4. [Ordered By] – This must be a valid staff code in order to receive email confirmations. It is initially populated with the logged in user.
5. Optional fields – [Delivery By, Delivery To, Description, Comments, Post Comments]
Select NEXT when completed..
- [Description] If you are not selecting a code, type in the item description
- [Stock Code] appears blank however it is a stock item with no description. Whether the new item includes or excludes GST is based on this pre-selected item.
- [Unit] is the amount of items expected per quantity ordered (Eg 24 for 1 box of pencils).
- [Quantity] is the number of items you wish to order of this type.
- [GST] this field shows the GST amount for this item.
- [Ex GST\Unit] field show the GST exclusive price for the item.
- [Total Ex GST] – show the value for this item line exclusive of GST.
- [Account] shows the Project Codes you can order against based on the “‘Standard Report” selected for this Project.
- [Sub Account] shows the sub accounts available to you against the Ledger Code.
- [Comments] additional comments can be added in here.
- [Edit] this icon will appear against an added item to allow it to be edited.
- [Delete] this icon will appear against an added item to allow it to be deleted form the order.
- [Add] adds the current item to the list of ordered items.
- This shows a summary of the Project which being ordered against.
- This summarises the Suppliers (Creditor’s) details.
- A summary of the current “Budget Amount” available in dollars.
These steps get repeated for every item to be purchased from the selected supplier.
- [Previous] will take to to the initial “Order Entry” screen. It will allow you to alter supplier details without losing the items you have created.
- [Save] commits the order and commences the attached Workflow
- [Exit] will lose any information currently entered for this order.
- The “Used in the order” figure is the amount that the approval decisions are based on.