Security: #102 - click here for further securities
Schools have the ability to customise and brand the look of their PCSchool Spider login page, home page and modules. Branding allows schools to change colours and add school logos/crests and images. This is an excellent way to ensure staff, caregivers and students using the Spider feel they are using a product belonging to the school, and gives a much more professional look.
Up to three images can be added to your login page but only one will show per login. To watch video click here. Remember when selecting the images they should be at minimum 1349 x 700, although the higher the resolution the better. We will be optimising these for best effect. Be aware that the login box will cover on part of the image so all images need to cater for this. The login box can be placed left, right or be centred.
In the 2020 Spider release, the login box will now be set to the right-hand side. This allows for better re-scaling of the screen when different devices are used.
Path: Setup and Utilities Menu > Spider Management > Portal Administration > Configure & Customise > Portal Branding
There are three ways to find your Portal Administration:
|1.||Search - type in Portal - and select [Portal Administration]|
|2.||Set the * and then select [Portal Administration]|
|3.||You may have it already set as your Favourite|
If you do not see [Portal Administration] as an option you do not have this security - see link for Securities
Clear instructions are provided as to what colour choice affects what areas:
Colour codes are in the HEX format.
- The school may already have these codes provided by a graphic or web designer in which case they can type the HEX code in.
- Or you can use the drop-down to select a colour from the list.
If you wish to make a background transparent, you can use RGBA format. Information can be found at: http://hex2rgba.devoth.com/
Another useful free tool if you want to make colour gradients is: https://cssgradient.io/
Once changes have been made, scroll to the bottom of the screen to revert, save or exit from this screen.
- Revert – will restore original PCSchool settings.
- Save and Apply – will save new settings and apply them so changes will be seen immediately upon refreshing.
- Save – will save what has been entered, but not apply them.
- Exit – leave without saving changes or close the screen after saving.
The information and banner text on the login page can be edited through the SPIDER-WEB Configuration file.
Path: Setup and Utilities Menu > Spider Managment > Portal Administration > Configure & Cutsomise > Configuration
- Select from Configuration Group the ‘Configure the SPIDER-WEB info’ file.
- Edit the SPIDER_LOGIN_MESSAGE text – this is the message to assist people who have trouble logging in.
- Edit / Add the SPIDER_LOGIN_BANNER text – this may be a reminder of term dates, school events etc.
- Save the changes. Log out and view the modified / added text on the login page.
When logging back into spider press CTL - F5 to refresh the screen to pick up the new changes.