Schools have the ability to customise and brand the look of their PCSchool Spider login page, home page and modules. Branding allows schools to change colours and add school logos/crests and images. This is an excellent way to ensure staff, caregivers and students using the Spider feel they are using a product belonging to the school, and gives a much more professional look.
Up to three slideshow images can be added to your login page by PCSchool at a nominal cost. For more details, read the “Enhanced Spider Branding of the Login page” article.
Pathway: Setup and Utilities Menu > Spider Management > Portal Administration > Configure & Customise > Portal Branding
Clear instructions are provided as to what colour choice affects what areas:
- Numbers beside each field correspond with a number on the image to the right.
- Logo/image names MUST NOT contain spaces in the name. eg “SchoolLogo.npg” or “School-Logo.png” but NOT “School Logo.png”
Colour codes are in the HEX format.
- The school may already have these codes provided by a graphic or web designer in which case they can type the HEX code in.
- Or you can use the drop down to select a colour from the list.
If you wish to make a background transparent, you can use RGBA format. Information can be found at: http://hex2rgba.devoth.com/
Once changes have been made, scroll to the bottom of the screen to revert, save or exit from this screen.
- Revert – will restore original PCSchool settings.
- Save and Apply – will save new settings and apply them so changes will be seen immediately upon refreshing.
- Save – will save what has been entered, but not apply them.
- Exit – leave without saving changes or close the screen after saving.
The information and banner text on the login page can be edited through the SPIDER-WEB Configuration file.
Pathway: Setup and Utilities Menu > Spider Managment > Portal Administration > Configure & Cutsomise > Configuration
- Select from Configuration Group the ‘Configure the SPIDER-WEB info’ file.
- Edit the SPIDER_LOGIN_MESSAGE text – this is the message to assist people who have trouble logging in.
- Edit / Add the SPIDER_LOGIN_BANNER text – this may be a reminder of term dates, school events etc.
- Save the changes. Log out and view the modified / added text on the login page.