Path: Creditors > Payment Execution
Due to the incorrect creditor being selected or invoice amount being entered you may need to
reverse a payment from the Payment Execution screen or there may be an occasion where you
may need to reverse an entire payment run.
Please note: if you have used an incorrect Tender type of DD (which do not get used in Payments - you should be using BP instead) - you will not be able to reverse payment on these. You will have to do a journal see 'Cancelling a Creditors Direct Debit' manual.
First ensure the Creditor Payment batch these payments are in is unfinalised, then follow
the steps below.
1. Make sure you select [Creditor] only
2. [Payment Method] select the one you want to reverse
3. Highlight the payment you wish to reverse (you can only reverse one payment at a time)
4.. Click [Reverse Payment] this will remove the payment from Payment Executions and the
Creditor Payment Batch and return the invoices to the Outstanding Invoices tab in Creditor
3. Select [Clear All - Dont Print] - also click on cheque & Electronic & BPay to remove all the transactions - as you dont want to pay these again
If the payment is no longer in the Execute screen
Path: Finance > Gen Ledger > Batch Transaction Entry > Creditor Payments
1. In Creditor Payments
2. Select the Batch
3. [Unfinalise] make sure the batch is unfinalsied
4. Select [Execute Payments]
This will send the payments back to the execute screen - then follow the example above