Path: Gen Ledger > Batch Transaction Entry
If you have selected an incorrect tender of DD, this also a can be used for EL or BP - you can create a Journal to reverse the payment
1. Select batch type of [Journal]
2. . Create a [new batch] and enter a [description]
3. Click [New Item] this will create a new item line
4. Leave the default Reference number or enter your own (you can use the payment
reference number). Enter the date of the original payment and a description.
5. In the dissection:
- DEBIT the bank account the payment was made from and;
- CREDIT the original GL account used when the invoice was entered.
- Repeat steps 3, 4 & 5 until all cancelled electronic or BPay payments have been entered.
6. Click [Finalise] Batch and finalise to the correct ledger period.
NOTE: The journal will create a negative payment in the bank account that will need to be
presented on the appropriate sheet in the Bank Reconciliation Entry