Step 1: Setting up the Payment Plan in the Debtors Family file:
Example – Student Joshua Carey is homestaying with Burgess (Burge01) and they will receive $300 per fortnight Joshua staying with them.
The total amount that the Careys will pay is $7000 deposit which is held in Holding deposit – shown in the next step.
Note: Payment are made through payment plans. Plans can be created as reducing Plan, Periodic payment or a single payment.
- Select HS Plan
- Fill in the boxes
- Select Create Plan Home Stay
This will then load all payments – if incorrect select Delete All and redo again.
Step 2: If a Single Homestay payment using Periodic Payment required:
Example: Paying a one off payment for Student Sam Ashwin to the homestay family Denise Ald.
Set up as follows:
Step 3: Receiving monies and Applying Homestay amounts
Receipting monies received from the family Carey for Joshua’s homestay - to be placed in to the Holding/Home Stay Tab 4.
Receipting for Homestay:
- Create the Receipt in the usual way
- Apply the amount to tab 4 Holding/HomeStay
- Select the Student Code (note: Amounts can be dissected to various students belonging to the family)
- Select your Homestay cost centre code
- Type in the amount
- New Receipt
View the transaction in the Account Master File Hold Deposit tab
Step 4: Create a Homestay Payment
Payments are generated through Create Automated Debtor Payment (Prepare Direct Debits) via Debtors
Step 5: Generate a Payment
Path: Debtors> Prepare Automated Debtor Payment
- Select [Home Stay Plan]
- Select the [Payment Date
- Select the [Entity] [Restrict to Campus] if required otherwise select ALL
- Place a Tick in Ignore Payment if not monies held in Held Deposit
- Generate Payment File
Note: for Periodic (one off payments) select this and do as above
Step 6: Execute Payment
Path: Debtors> Executre Automated Debtor Payments
(this is making the payment from Careys account to their homestay Creditors account)
- Select in Payment Method – Home Stay Note: The Account number will default to Sundry Creditors
- Click Tag All to Print and print the reports or Click Tag to Reprint
- In Output Destination put the check in Homestay Trans
- Important: once you Execute Payments the transactions will no longer be available for tagging
And also reduced the amount from the Holding Deposit tab e.g. 30.9.16 $-300.00
Now see manual: Homestay - paying homestay family