Path: Gen Ledger > Batch Transaction Entry
Cheque payments made via Creditor Payments or Ledger Payments can be cancelled through a
Pay Cancel Batch.
1. Select batch type of [Pay Cancel]
2. Create a [new batch] or use an existing unfinalised batch. Ensure the correct [Offset Bank Account] is selected.
3. Click [New Item] this will create a new item line.
4. Type in the [cheque number] you wish to cancel and press the tab key. The date,
description, amount (as a negative) and payee name will automatically appear.
5. The cancellation should go back to the original GL account used when in the invoice entry, it SHOULD NOT point to the Sundry Creditor GL Code. Repeat steps 3, 4 & 5 until all cancelled cheques for this bank account have been entered.
6. Click [Finalise Batch] and finalise to the correct ledger period.
In Creditor Master File Information >Transactions Tab >Selection Criteria: Pay, invoices that
have been paid via cheque and then cancelled will appear with a tick in Held and (CANC) in the
Pay Reference columns.
NOTE: If after entering the cheque number (Step 4) you receive an error stating ‘Cheque
Transaction doesn’t exist’ you may have:
a) entered the wrong cheque number,
b) selected the wrong offset bank account or
c) not finalised the payment batch the cheque payment appears in.
You may also receive a message stating ‘The cheque you are cancelling has been presented’. You
will need to un-present this cheque through your bank reconciliation entry before cancelling it.