Annually in April/May – Victorian Non-Government Schools must supply their Student Family Occupation information for funding purposes.
You will need to be on Curriculum version 2016.0.0.503 or higher – if not please download the Followup
Step 1: Select the Students
Path: Subjects > Data Capture
Students can be selected by either;
- Selecting the Year Level
- Using a Tag Set
Step 2: Create the File
Once the Students are selected you need to create the file. This is created as a TXT file then the extension is changed to a CSV. If you can’t see the extension your IT staff should be able to help you.
- Enter your School Number
- Select the File Format of [Occupation Data (SFO) Collection]
- Select a place to save the file, the desktop is the most common place
- The Unique Identifier is normally the Internal Student#.
- Select [Use MCEETYA language]
- Tick if you want all Students with no Ethnicity entered to be Non-Aboriginal.
- Tick if using all Year Levels and not just those included in the MCEETYA Data.
- Click [Preview].
- If you have Critical Errors these must be corrected before the file can be completed;
- if you only have warnings it is optional to view the errors.
- Once you have no critical errors the [Complete] button will be active;
- Click to create the file
Step 3: Change the Extension
You then need to find the file where you saved it and change the extension. If you can’t see the extension you can allow it to be seen through Control Panel.
Step 4: View the Data
Once the extension has been changed you can open the file in Excel and view the details.