Step 1: You need to use a File Transferring Program
We suggest FileZilla (a free FTP application) if you don't already have one.
Note: Please be aware that the FTP Service is to allow files directly related to PCSchool to be transferred. This service is not to be used for the general storage of external files that are not required by PCSchool.
Step 2: Enter in your FTP information
Setting up FileZilla for first time:
- If this is the first time you are setting up select [New Site]
- [Host] type in: cloudftp.pcschool.net
- [Port] usually defaults to 21. Keep this setting or leave blank
- [User] Type in your user name provided to your school when you migrated to the cloud
- [Password] Enter your password as provided by PCSchool
- [Connect] to test connection
If already set up - just select [Connect]
Step 3: Transfer your photos over to the Cloud
a) Save your photos to a known location (Note: the files have to be named by 'Staff Key' and can be either bmp or jpeg files) as per Images instruction page11
b) Select the local file location in the left window, the cloud folder in the right
c) Then transfer them to your cloud: PCSchool/Bitmaps/Students as per instructions below:
- Select where you have saved your photos
- Select [Bitmaps/Students] (as per screen shot)
- Ctrl A - highlight the files you wish to transfer over and double click. You could also right click on the highlighted files and select "Upload"
Pop up message:
- Select [Overwrite]
- Select [Always use this action]
- Press [OK]
This will copy the photos so you can upload then into PCSchool
Step 4: Open PCSchool back office
Path: Curriculum> Administration> Quick Student data entry > Images tab
1. [Create image address based on] leave on Student#
2. Select the[ Image format] type
3. Tick to [Force Image Replacement]
4. Tick to [Update staff image name]
6. Press [Begin]
Go to Staff view and check the images have been replaced correctly.
Note: Your images have to be named with the correct Staff key to automatically import - if they are not, you can go to "Staff View" and right click on the image box and manually find the file. It is CRITICAL that the file is in the ...\\Bitmaps\Students\folder if using Back Office. Once selected, press [SAVE].