Step 1: You need to use a File Transferring Program (FTP)
We suggest FileZilla (a free FTP application) if you don't already have one.
Note: Please be aware that the FTP Service is to allow files directly related to PCSchool to be transferred. This service is not to be used for the general storage of external files that are not required by PCSchool.
Step 2: Enter in your FTP information
Setting up FileZilla for first time:
- If this is the first time you are setting up select [New Site]
- [Host] type in: cloudftp.pcschool.net
- [Port] usually defaults to 21. Keep this setting or leave blank
- [User] Type in your user name provided to your school when you migrated to the cloud
- [Password] Enter your password as provided by PCSchool
- [Connect] to test connection
If already set up - just select [Connect]
Step 3: Transfer your photos to the Cloud
a) Save your photos to know location (Note: the files have to be named by' Studkey' and file type is either bmp or jpeg) as per Images instruction page11
b) Select the local file location in the left window, the cloud folder in the right
c) Then transfer them to your cloud: PCSchool/Bitmaps/Students as per instructions below:
- Select where you have saved your photos
- Select Bitmaps/Students (as per screen shot)
- Ctrl A - highlight the files you wish to transfer over and double click. You could also right click on the highlighted files and select "Upload"
Pop up message:
- Select [Overwrite]
- Select [Always use this action]
- Press [OK]
This will copy the photos so you can upload them into PCSchool
Step 4: Open PCSchool back office
Path: Curriculum> Administration> Quick Student data entry > Images tab
1. Select use a [Tag Set] to select the Students.
a) Select [Yr/Form/House] Tab
b) [From Year Level] select
c) [Add Selected to List]
d) [Return All in Grid]
2. [Create image address based on] select the correct format for how the Images are saved e.g. Student# or Barcode.
3. Select the Image format type
4. Tick to [Force Image Replacement]
5. Check to Un-Tag when finished
6. Press [Begin]
Go to [Student view] and check the images have been replaced correctly.
Note: You can manually add a photo if required:
In [Student view] right click on the image box and manually find the file. It is CRITICAL that the file is in the ...\\Bitmaps\Students\folder if using Back Office. Once selected, press [SAVE].