Step 1: Check the user's current security
Login to PCSchool Back Office > Scholastic > Utilities > Identity Management
Select the person required, as per screen shot below:
Under the [Security] tab #2
Check under [User Rights Equivalence] this is the group they are following, note this down.
Step 2: Log in to Security Setup
Path: Utilities > User Security Setup
Note: If you don't see this you do not have the security to be able to set this up.
Step 3. Select [User Profiles] tab
- Under [Enter a New User,or Select:] type in a login name to use e.g. ARCHIVE
- Type in a temporary password to use e.g. 1234
- Select [Save] at top of screen
Step 4: Assign the security group
- Under [Enter a New User, or select] select the new user you have just created e.g. Archive
- Under [Group Allocation] select the security as per step 1 the user has e.g. #PCS_STAFF#
- Select [Add a Group]
- This will now show under [Selected Groups] as per screenshot
- Select [Save] at top of menu
Step 5: When the user then logs into old work areas they log into them as:
[User Login-Name] ARCHIVE (or the name you gave the user)
[Users Password] First time the password will be as you set above, 1234 in this example
A popup will ask them to change their password to a new password. re-enter the original password then set a complex password based on your schools password strength policy. Then log in again.
You might be asked to update an old work area if a new data structure update has not already been done. Just answer all the messages [OK] between each message might take a while - just wait until the message appears. Once done, log in to that work area with your new log in and password