The new "Freedom Relationships" screen gives you an enhanced view of how entities are related within You can view caregivers and emergency contacts for individual students by looking at the relevant tabs within their Student Management view. To quickly see siblings within the family you can use the ‘Related’ button.
The ‘Related’ button will show all caregivers and siblings linked to the selected students Family Key (FAMKEY). By default it will display caregivers only however this can be unchecked to see all associated entities.
- Displays information based on the displayed students Family Key (FAMKEY)
- All caregivers associated with this Family Key will display
- All students / siblings, both current, past and yet to come will display.
- You can click on a siblings name to bring up their record in the view.
Relationships Tab *New*
The new "Relationships Tab" allows you to view the relationships of the selected student. This includes caregivers, emergency contacts and siblings.
- New Relationships tab
- Caregivers are displayed in Green
- Emergency contacts are displayed in Orange
- Siblings are displayed in White
Adding New Relationships / Associations to Students
The Relationship Tab also allows you to add new associations to the selected student. For example if a grand parent or great grand parent was a student at the school you can link these records together.
- Press [Add Associates]
- Enter in the search criteria
- Select [Search]
- Select the record from the list provided
- Select the type of association/relationship between the student and the new identity
- Select Save to add the identity as a new relationship
- New relationship has been added for this student.
Additional relationships can be added – cousins, aunts, uncles etc
- Where relationships are created through the Caregiver and Emergency tabs or are Siblings, these relationships cannot be edited in this area.
- Where the relationship is a Sibling you can open their details in a new tab by clicking on the [Edit] button.
- Where the relationship has been added via the Relationship tab you have the ability to change the type of relationship or to remove the relationship by clicking on the red cross.
Adding / Editing Relationships for Other Identities
You also have the ability to define the relationships between the other identities attached to the student. By clicking on an identity, it will show the identities they are associated with.
If you click on the mother you can see, edit and add associations to her:
You can then edit or add relationships for the mother:
- We have changed the relationship of Mike Poffley to Married to Sandra Poffley
- We have added Hellen Hughes as Sandra Poffley’s Mother
When we look at Mike Poffley we can see he is married to Sandra Poffley..
...and Helen Hughes is the mother of Sandra Poffley and Grandmother to Olivia Poffley