If you wish to set up a Debtors that does not have children at the school for example:
Hall Hire, or expenses you need to recover the money for and create and invoice.
Step 1 : Check to see you have a code 98 setup for Other Debtors as per example below:
Path: Scholatics > System Functions > Year Level Descriptions
Step 2: In Spider >Setup & Utilities > Freedom Student & Caregivers Management
Note: You will need to have the security to be able to do this. See your IT Security person if you do not have permission to do this.
Step 3: Adding a new Student
1. Click on [Add New Student]
2. [Legal Surname] type in name to use
3. [Preferred Surname] type in name to use
4. [Legal Given Name] type in or put a [dot]
5. [Date of Birth] select todays date
6. [Student Key] type in ZZ*** what you would like to use - if you forget to do this do a replacement on the Studkey after
7. [Save Student]
Step 4: Caregivers tab
1. Select [Caregivers]
2. [Surname] type in surname
3. [Given Name] if required or put in a .
4. [General Email]
5. Select [Same as Gen. Email]
6. [Address Title] type in
7. [SAVE CAREGIVERS]
Replacing Famkey Note: If you wish to use a Family Key of ZZ- before the name you will have to change the Family key by the following:
1. [Select/Replace FAMILY unit]
2. Select [Replace Famkey Only]
1. The current family key is DEPAR01
2. [New Value] type in the new name e.g. ZZDEP01
3. Select [Validate and Save] this will check that this FamKey has not been used elsewhere if it has you will have to change your key e.g. ZZDEP02
Step 5: Addresses/roles
1. Select [Addresses Roles]
2. Place a tick in [Account]
3. Type in [Family Address Title] the name of the company
4. Type in the Address Fields
5. [SAVE ADDRESS}
Step 6: Communication
1. Select [Communication]
2. Check the correct caregiver
3. in [Financial Accounts Address] select the address from the drop down
4. [Acc Active Recipient] place tick in here for them to receive a copy of their statement.
5. [Save Communication]
Step 7: In Back Office - invoice out as per usual
Or by Invoice view if a one off invoice.
1.Select [ Invoice View]
2. Select the [Student Key] e.g. ZZDEP01
3. Under [cost centre] – select your code
4. Under [Gross] enter amount
Step 8: Print Invoice
Path: Debtors > Account Printing
And select the Debtor you wish to send an invoice too – as per usual steps to print.