This control allows a Caregiver to notify the School of a Student's absence via either the App or Spider.
Security Needed - Absence Notification 
Pre-requisite - Attendance Codes
The required attendance codes must be set up prior to the use of this control. This is via Attendance Management.
Selecting 'Attendance Codes' (above) will take you to the following screen.
- Please note that if you have not 'imported' the file from the database no codes will appear. Similarly, if you have made changes to the 'attendancecodes.xml' and not imported the file the changes will not appear.
- Selecting 'import from file' will load the codes.
- You can edit a code using the green edit button.
- Should you wish to save your edits back to the 'attendancecodes.xml' (recommended) click on the 'Overwrite' button. Failure to do so will mean that if you import the file again (2.) all your edits will be lost.
Editing a Code for use in the Absence Notification control.
- Please note that the 'Reason' in the Absence Notification control will only show up to 10 characters. For this reason I have altered the text from Doctor/Dentist Appointment to Medical.
- Select 'Yes' in Show in App and Save.
You will notice the 'Reason' has changed and the 'Show in App' now reads 'Y'.
How to Notify the School of a Student Absence via Spider
- The caregiver will select those students they wish to notify the school of absence for.
- Type of Absence - Choice of Full Day Absence, Early Departure or Late Arrival.
- Reason for Absence - Select from drop down menu (these feed from the Attendance Codes).
- Enter Date or Date Range.
- Enter further details.
- You can submit and attach documents such as medical certificates.
- Submit with out attaching documents.
How To Notify an Absence via the App
- This will default to the Caregiver's first student (alphabetically).
- Click on 'Create an Absence Notification' to select students.
- The students you have selected will appear here.
- Select the type of Absence from the drop down menu.
- Enter the date or date range for multiple days.
- Select the reason from the drop down menu.
- Enter further details.
- Enter any specific instructions.
When you have select 'Submit' the screen above will appear. You will be able to add documents/medical certificates if you so wish.
- Select the student from the drop down menu.
- You can choose a photo from your photos.
- Or you can take a photo of a document etc.
Processing Absence Notifications
This will take you through to the 'Absence Notification List'
- You can select by student but this is not necessary.
- Enter a date or a date range.
- Select a Reason type. This will default to 'All'.
- Select a status. This will default to 'Not Processed'. Other options are 'Partially Processed' or 'Fully Processed'.
- Information that was entered via the App or Spider.
- Clicking on the orange button will process the notification through to Absence.
Upon processing the notification it will disappear from the screen. It can be viewed again by selecting the 'Fully Processed' status.
If an existing Absence records exists?
The following message will appear.
Click on 'Exit' and the following screen will appear.
The following screen will appear allowing you to make any changes necessary.
- You can make changes by period if desired.
- You can alter all periods with a common status to another.
- You can alter the predefined reasons.
- Update to database.