Path: Debtors > System > Cost Centres
Cost centres are used to create charge lines against the students.
These cost centres must be linked to a valid General Ledger account and sub account that have already been created under the Post Account entry in the Finance section.
Note: We suggest that you have Cost centre #1 set up as Credit balance as any unapplied monies will default to this account.
Step 1 How to create a cost centre
- [Code] Enter a Unique Code.
- [Desc] Enter your description for the Account to be used in Billing or for a Discount.
- [Value] - Optional, this is not used for Billing.
- [Tax Rate] enter if necessary;
- How this is charged does depend upon setting in System Maintenance.
- [Gen Ledg Acc] Select a valid General Ledger Account – suggest
- [Gen Ledg Subacc] The Sub Account will default if attached to the GL Account selected.
- Tick if this item is to be excluded from any Early Settlement discount.
- Click [Save].
Sometimes you might have to create a cost centre with GST and one without GST –
This is used in the case of Debtors consolidation or transferring from Point of Sale back to the Debtors module.