Students that leave the School MUST be Departed even if they are intending to return in a few months. Some Schools try to place them back as a pre-enrolment (Year 0) but this will cause problems with the student's attendance rates. Screenshots for Freedom are below.
Departing a Student via the Back Office
Path: Scholastic > Administration > Student View
Once the student has been selected you can proceed to depart them.
Upon Saving you the following message will appear. Click on [Yes].
The following screen will appear. This is for entering additional leaver information and is divided into three sections.
The following screen will appear. Click on [OK] and the process will be complete.
Departing a student using Spider (Freedom Schools Only)
Path: Setup and Utilities > Freedom - Student and Caregiver Management
- Choose the "Departure" tab
- Enter the date of departure
- Select the students final year level
- Choose the reason they are leaving (Set up under user-defined codes REASON)
- Choose the Post School Activity (Set up under user-defined codes POSTSCHOOL)
- You can flag them for Alumni in the Student table if not initially sending them to Alumni
- Move the student to the Alumni database on departure
- Press [Save and Exit] to depart the student. This will make their current year 99.
To find a departed student, use the search icon as shown below.