Ensure you have the latest Scholastic version 2018.0.0.706 or above
Check you have the Current Spider Version 2020.07.23.0728
You must own the Data Mining module to create the file for the census upload.
- Update your student ages in Curriculum/Admin/Student age calc - remember 1/7/2020
Then just go into Data Mining in Spider
Select Student File
Once there, make sure you are in the student file, and then we are going to select the tabs required… the list is in alphabetical order and you can use the search button to get you to the fields quicker
- Student #
- Name – Surname, then Given name
- Current Year
- Education type relates to day/boarding etc… Not sure if you use a status for this, if so select Status
- Visa – Normally in the Visa Class, but depending on how you record your data.
As you require just current student P-12 then you can use the filter button to
Then press the search Button on the RHS.
This will drop selected data on screen. Now you need to change number of records per page from 50 to all. Then select export, and this will transfer the data to CSV...
NCCD Category & Adjustment levels are a report that is completely separate, and not many schools have been using the NCCD tabs inside of PCS, however if you have, to pull the data for that..
If you try to line the data up with the prior data, start with student file
- Student #
- Name: Surname/ Given Name
Then go back to #2 Student Learners Support tab
- Category & Lev of Adj
You may wish to add filter as per above.
Then to print report, follow steps as per above, to export to CSV.
For the staff element of the Census
Start with the Staff file, then connect the VW Identity Origins Pivot table, via the Relationships tab
Then go back to the 'Select Fields' Tab
Starting in the Staff file Tab select:
- Name : Surname/Given Name
Go to Origins Tab
- Indigenous is on The Identity Origins table… depending on if you record in Ethnicity 1 or 2, will determine what fields you require… Ethnicity Description is the best option here.
Then Back to Staff FIle tab
If you would like to filter so you get only current staff, then you can do it via 'Status' being 'in', select the status types and press search ie (T,t,C etc)
or by date left.... both options below
if by Staff status
Then Press search
- Change the 'Records per page' to ALL
- Export to CSV.
For a full Data mining overview, refer to full help document attached in link below.