To set up access to the portal for Caregivers is a simple process and does not need any specialised IT intervention. However, to set up a Payment Portal is another thing entirely and will need the School to work with their bank to achieve this (please click on this link Setting up a Payment Portal). We also have a webinar that may be of interest to you. Webinar - Launching your Caregiver Portal
- Decide what you want to give Caregivers access to
- Ensure the Caregivers belong to a security group
- Confirm the securities necessary and allocate to the security group.
- Ensure they have a Login assigned and send these out to the Caregivers along with the ability for them to create a password.
Once you have done these 4 things your Caregiver Portal will be set up.
What is available for Caregivers
- Student Info Page - This gives the Caregivers access to a range of information, all governed by securities. These include Attendance, Documents (Assessment reports, receipts etc), Result analysis, medical information and standard information such as addresses. Each has its own security so you do not need to include them all
- Absence Notifications - The Caregiver can notify the school of any absence via the portal
- Parent Teacher Interviews, Online Subject Selection, Co-Curricular selection (these do not need to be on the portal itself as they will each send a link out to the parent - Security group still needs to be allocated though).
- Calendar - They would not see all calendar entries - again just those they have securities for.
- Online Payments - Please click on the link above for help in setting up a payment portal.
- Quicklinks - This where Caregivers can access eForms etc.
Ensure the Caregivers belong to a security group
The Caregivers are usually assigned to a standard security group upon creation. However, not all schools have done this and it may be necessary to allocate these. Happily, these can be done in bulk.
If none of your Caregivers have a security then you can do this via Portal Administration > Manage Identity Securities
Allocating Securities to a Group
Now that you know what you want to make available you will need to assign the securities to the group.
Portal Administration > Manage Securities
Sending out Logins
Setup & Utilities User Account Management
Congratulations! Your portal should be active for Caregivers now.